We have worked with Bonora Rountree on challenging criminal cases in San Francisco, New York, and Seattle. Whether their work involves mock jury exercises, juror questionnaires and research, or voir dire and jury selection, they are consistently thoughtful and strategic. It is a pleasure to work with real pros.
We worked with the Bonora Rountree team on two cases, one of which was a classic David and Goliath case where my firm represented a large foreign company sued by a small local startup. I was impressed with the BR team’s ability to see the minefields in the case and use those minefields as triggers to reveal potential biases during jury selection. Their mock trial research was carefully designed to develop jury selection and case presentation strategies. Their contributions were invaluable and I highly recommend them.
We had a difficult commercial bad-faith and breach of contract case against a large insurance company. The policies were dense and the coverage issues were complex; so we needed trial themes that synthesized a lot of information and were powerful, but simple. Alexis Forbes and Will Rountree assiduously analyzed the findings from our pretrial research, helped us craft our themes and worked with us on the jury presentation. They developed jury selection strategies and questioning techniques that helped us identify and achieve cause challenges. Engaging Alexis and Will was, without a doubt, the right call: The jury returned a verdict in our favor, including a $46 million punitive damages award. If you’ve got a complex case, and you’re looking for dedicated consultants—indeed, true team members—to assist you in developing your strongest case, add Alexis Forbes and Will Rountree to your team. Call them before your opponent does.
I have worked with Beth Bonora and her colleagues at Bonora Rountree for over two decades, in every kind of criminal case. Whether it's mock trial research, opening and closing, or jury selection, their work is beyond compare. Their expertise can turn a difficult criminal case into a winner.
Representing an indigent client in a murder case, I brought in Beth Bonora to assist with jury selection. She grasped the case quickly and knew what was needed in voir dire. Her penetrating analysis of the jury pool paved the way for a positive outcome for my client.
Our client was the subject of more than 550 newspaper articles in the 5 ½ years leading up to trial. We needed a systematic analysis of those articles to demonstrate their effect on community-wide claims of emotional distress and diminution of property values. Despite the unusual volume of newspaper coverage, Will Rountree quickly identified the important issues and structured the content analysis. He not only produced a first-rate report, but did so on a near-impossible deadline. When I need an expert to examine the content of pretrial publicity, Will is at the top of my list.
I've worked with Will Rountree on several cases and each time he focused like a laser on what matters most to jurors. He worked quickly to understand the details in complex cases, using his knowledge of the details to construct themes that resonated with jurors.
Bonora Rountree was an integral part of our trial team and contributed to our client's successful 2008 jury verdict, which was the largest jury verdict of the year in the country. Their work is outstanding.
Beth Bonora and her team performed extraordinary survey research to help us understand juror attitudes in Silicon Valley, and the information gathered was as surprising as it was helpful in framing arguments and themes for trial.
I could not be more satisfied with the work of Bonora Rountree, having enlisted their services in a variety of cases ranging from large multi-party MDL cases to private antitrust matters. … Their high-quality work directly contributed to better case evaluation which led to favorable plaintiff settlements and a significant plaintiff’s verdict. Always sensitive to the budgets of different litigation matters, they are flexible, professional, knowledgeable and a pleasure to work with. I highly recommend them.
Bonora Rountree helps even before you reach the courtroom. Will Rountree worked with me on developing opening statement, closing argument, and witness examinations for a case, and that preparation ultimately helped to impress the adverse carrier and secure a judgment on the eve of trial.
Their insights - pretrial - have been incredibly helpful. They are worth their weight in platinum.
Beth Bonora and her colleagues were essential in enabling us to present a complicated, multi-layered defense in a cogent, persuasive and successful manner. From the focus group presentations to jury selection, opening and closing statements, the counsel received was "spot on." Most importantly, the client understood and appreciated the value added.
Beth Bonora and her colleagues worked closely with us in trying to choose a jury for one of the most controversial public figures in the country. Besides the great guidance that she provided in navigating us through this difficult task, Beth was a major part in helping us formulate how best to simplify our case for the jury. Beth and her team have the talent, insight and experience to bring great value to these tasks, and most importantly, understand what it is like to work with the schedules of attorneys preparing for trial. They are truly a pleasure to have on board any trial team.
Distilling a complex case into a story that jurors can understand and accept is critical. Bonora Rountree has been extremely helpful with this process and has had a significant role in obtaining positive results for my clients. I have particularly valued their assistance in some difficult cases where there was a great deal at stake and my resources were limited.
Cases involving multiple defendants and allegations of gang membership are difficult cases to try before juries. Jury selection is crucial. Will Rountree assisted the defense team in creating a comprehensive jury questionnaire that covered a long list of hot-button issues that were key to insuring our clients received a fair trial. He pulled what must have been an all-nighter evaluating questionnaires and prepared spreadsheets that allowed us to have all of the most relevant information we needed for jury selection. He’s committed to his clients, extremely insightful, and a pleasure to work with
Dr. Rountree and his team helped me develop a winning theme on a case with so many difficult aspects that could have been a disaster without their help. The firm’s guidance during voir dire was exceptionally valuable - I’ve never had so many of my challenges for cause granted, and we ended up with an attentive, supportive jury that understood and appreciated our case. His team helped me craft compelling opening and closing statements, and a strategy for effective presentations of witnesses and evidence. The jury verdict was unanimous in our favor on every issue, and the court entered judgment on my $11 million personal injury verdict.
I worked with Will Rountree on an extremely challenging criminal case in federal court. At the center of the case was an indigent client who had very strong opinions about how his case should be tried. The case also required us to address provocative racial issues in jury selection. Will reviewed case material, met with our client, and worked with us to develop extremely effective voir dire and case presentation strategies. The jury split 6 to 6, and the Government dropped the charges. This was a huge victory for our client, and the services Will provided were extremely helpful in gaining this victory.
Here is a partial list of our clients:
- Alabama Attorney General (Civil & Administrative Law Division)
- Allen Matkins Leck Gamble Mallory & Natsis LLP
- Alvarado Smith
- Arent Fox LLP
- Arguedas, Cassman & Headley LLP
- Arizona Attorney General (Civil Division)
- Arkansas Attorney General (Civil Department)
- Bartko, Zankel, Tarrant & Miller
- Berkes Crane Robinson & Seal, LLP
- Bingham McCutchen LLP
- Boies, Schiller & Flexner LLP
- Bryan Cave LLP
- California Attorney General (Division of Public Rights)
- Clarence Dyer & Cohen LLP
- Costa Abrams & Coate LLP
- Crowell & Moring LLP
- Dorsey & Whitney LLP
- Duane Morris LLP
- Farella Braun + Martel LLP
- Figari Law Firm
- Fish & Richardson
- Florida Attorney General (Civil Litigation Division)
- Friedman, Dumas & Springwater LLP
- Gaylord Eyreman Bradley, PC
- Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher LLP
- Gordon & Rees LLP
- Gwilliam Ivary Chiooso Cavalli & Brewer
- Hepworth, Janis & Kluksdal, Chtd.
- Higgs Fletcher & Mack LLP
- Hinton, Alfert & Sumner
- Holme Roberts & Owen LLP
- Howard Rice Nemerovski Canady Falk & Rabkin
- Hulett Harper Stewart LLP
- Idaho Attorney General (Civil Litigation Division)
- Illinois Attorney General (Public Interest Division)
- Iowa Attorney General (Consumer Protection Division)
- Irell & Manella LLP
- James R. Murphy, Jr., A Law Corporation
- Kazan, McClain, Lyons, Greenwood & Harley, PLC
- Keller and Heckman LLP
- Kerr & Wagstaffe LLP
- Kilpatrick Townsend & Stockton LLP
- Kirkland & Ellis LLP
- Kochan & Stephenson
- Latham & Watkins LLP
- Law Office of Lawrence A. Organ
- Law Offices of Dek Ketchum
- Law Offices of James G. Schwartz
- Law Offices of John E. Hill, A Professional Corporation
- Law Offices of Lisa Maguire
- Law Offices of Stephen M. Fuerch
- Lewis Brisbois Bisgaard & Smith LLP
- Loeb & Loeb LLP
- Long & Levit LLP
- Lyle C. Cavin, Jr. & Associates
- Manatt, Phelps & Phillips, LLP
- Markowitz, Herbold, Glade & Mehlhaf PC
- Maryland Attorney General (Civil Litigation Division)
- Massachusetts Attorney General (Public Protection and Advocacy Bureau)
- Mayer Brown
- McDermott Will & Emery
- Michael Stepanian, Attorney at Law
- Miles, Sears & Eanni
- Miller Nash LLP
- Montgomery, Rennie & Jonson
- Morrison & Foerster LLP
- Munger, Tolles & Olson LLP
- Musick, Peeler & Garrett LLP
- Neal & Harwell, PLC
- Nevada Attorney General (Bureau of Consumer Protection)
- New Jersey Attorney General (Division of Consumer Affairs)
- New York Attorney General (Division of Economic Justice
- Nolan, Armstrong & Barton, LLP
- Offices of the Public Defender (numerous)
- Ohio Attorney General (Consumer Protection Section)
- O’Melveny & Meyers LLP
- Oregon Attorney General (Financial Fraud/Consumer Protection Section)
- Orrick, Herrington & Sutcliffe LLP
- Paul, Hastings, Janofsky & Walker LLP
- Payne & Fears LLP
- Pennsylvania Attorney General (Civil Law Division)
- Perkins Coie LLP
- Phelps Dunbar LLP
- Pillsbury & Levinson, LLP
- Pillsbury Winthrop Shaw Pittman LLP
- Quinn Emanuel Urquhart & Sullivan, LLP
- Randy Sue Pollock, Attorney at Law
- Rogers Joseph O’Donnell
- Ropes & Gray LLP
- San Diego City Attorney’s Office
- Schwabe, Williamson & Wyatt
- Shearman & Sterling LLP
- Sheppard Mullin Richter & Hampton LLP
- Simke, Chodos & Sasaki, L.L.P.
- Skellenger Bender, P.S.
- SNR Denton
- Steptoe & Johnson LLP
- Stoel Rives LLP
- Swanson McNamara LLP
- Tatro Tekosky Sadwick LLP
- Texas Attorney General (Civil Litigation Division)
- United States Department of Justice (Civil Rights Division)
- Wilmer Cutler Pickering Hale and Dorr LLP
- Wilson Sonsini Goodrich & Rosati
- Womble Carlyle Sandridge & Rice, PLLC